We are 29 organisations spanning the voluntary and independent sectors and professionals working in the NHS who have signed a joint declaration.
The Alliance seeks to represent the needs of children, young people and adults with hearing loss, deafness and tinnitus across the UK on issues related to audiology, hearing services and public health.
We work together to achieve our shared goals of ensuring people have:
- Timely access to integrated services and support
- Choice and control and services designed around their needs
- Knowledge and information to get what they need
- Support and rehabilitation to adjust to life with hearing loss, deafness and tinnitus
- Communication support to access services and enable participation in all aspects of public life.
How we aim to achieve our goals
We will work in partnership to promote individual and public action at national and local levels. We will aim to influence policy and practice and use our networks to ensure that people with hearing loss, deafness and tinnitus are able to shape the services they receive, and to achieve equality of opportunity.
We welcome anyone who supports our aims to add their signature to this declaration.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing need access to high-quality services in order to enjoy equality of opportunity and choice, and be able to take positive action on their hearing loss.
If you support our aims, please add your name or your organisation's name to this declaration. You can do this and also join the Hearing Loss and Deafness Alliance by contacting Brian Lamb at [email protected]
Members of the Alliance